Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
I watched a Savage Model 10 review awhile ago on YouTube that indicated that the factory scope rail came loose after a few hundred rounds. They pulled off the freshly-zeroed scope and found oil in the tapped mounting holes.

I decided to have a look today. The rail mounting screws are Torx T-10. The rear two holes were dry, but the front two were dripping with oil. The frontmost hole was filled to the brim.

I cleaned it up as best I could and soaked the oil up from the holes. I reinstalled each one with a little blue Loctite. The only weird part is that the frontmost screw didn’t thread in as far as the others, and hit a positive stop. Is that part of the rail design? Does that screw sit higher? Now that I’ve installed them with Loctite, I don’t want to pull them back out if I don’t have to.

I’m also rethinking my cheek riser. I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just build up the comb with foam instead.
Is it hard to operate the bolt now? You need to make sure the short screwgoes in the right hole. It's entirely possible for them to go down all the way through the action and bind on the bolt.