Just an update on my Model 12 FV feed from magazine issue. I called Savage, they had no problem sending me a magazine box, z spring and L bracket. Got that and then I decided to see what I could find out.
To update the issue, if I loaded rounds in the magazine ( this is a 223 ), as I started to slide the bolt forward, the round would come up out of the mag so fast that the base half of the case would be above the bolt, thus jamming and making a mell of a hess. It did this in both the factory and Boyd stock. I did relieve a bit of wood in the boyd to see if that helped any, no it did not. I made darn sure everything was seated well and properly, compared the 2 magazines, etc., nothing seemed to work. So I started looking at the z spring, what if I could decrease the amount of "spring"? I got my vice grips and turned them down just a bit smaller than where the metal made a turn on the Z, and crimped this down, then I did it one a second turn, reassembled and tested. It Worked! I have fed 56 rounds so far and have not had 1 failure.

So, if any one else has that issue, you might look at that Z spring and compress, thus lightening the tension, just do a little at a time, but it worked for me.

Thanks and shoot well..