I say junk because of the plastic. The release for the mag looks like it would break on a cold day. The rifle came with a bipod, and just the weight of the rifle is enough to deflect the stock to touch the barrel. Maybe it is an age thing, but the rifle has all the feel of cheap. To keep things in perspective this rifle in inflation adjusted dollars is almost half the price it was in the 70s. I own expensive rifles, if I wanted a tricked out rifle in this cal I could have just bought one. But in the old days when I had no money I had to make shoot what I could afford, which meant making every fine adjustment myself, that was the rewarding part.

When I first dated my wife, it would be safe to say that I was simple and cheap. Dates consisted of evening walks and dates to a restaurant consisted of a buffet or very affordable food. I wore my barn boots, and often came to see her after a day of working on the farm. Her friends, maybe even her family 43 years ago would have thought she could do better, I may even have been junk in their eyes. After a lot of hard work, countless hours of fine tuning, my wife still thinks I am worth having around. Past the ruff exterior she saw something she could work with.