Quote Originally Posted by CFJunkie View Post
My 10 FCP-K .308, my son's 10 FCP-K .308 and .223, and a 10 FCP-K .308 and the two 10 FCP-K .223s that my range buddies shoot are have fluted 24-inch barrels with muzzle brakes, lower bolt releases, and Accu-stocks with two front swing swivels.
Interesting. The seller of the FCP-K that I found said his rifle has an upper bolt release, and non-fluted barrel with a threaded-on muzzle brake. The rifle above I confirmed does have two sling studs on the forend. The bipod is mounted on the forward one.
The rifle you negotiated for might have had the barrel changed. I doubt it is in original configuration if the barrel is not fluted.
Hm. I'd like to confirm that, since the seller says it's new.
Find out if it has an Accu-stock (bolt release at the front of the trigger guard) - all 10 FCP-Ks came with an Accu-stock and lower bolt release.
The rifle in the picture has a top bolt release lever. The magazine release is at the front of the magazine on both the Accu-Stock and non-Accu-stock.
This is the part I was missing. Upper bolt release means non-Accu-stock. Got it. Thanks!
I would check the serial numbers with Savage on both rifles.
They can tell you what configuration the rifles were in when they were manufactured and the date of manufacture.
I was thinking about doing that, but I've heard Savage CS is less than interested in assisting end users.

The more I consider this, the more I'm thinking I should just pony up for the local rifle pictured above and worry about offloading the Saiga some other way.