Thread: Need some help if anyone with Quickloads is willing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    I searched "284 winchester, RL17, 160 Nosler Partition" late yesterday and got several hits with the info you're asking for. Reason I posted the link was to provide what Nosler lists with at least one of your powder choices. No load manual will have your OAL, they will all have SAAMI OAL of 2.800". Don't recall seeing anyone here reply to Quick Load requests.

FWIW, I have every Nosler manual published. 284Win first appeared in #4, and in every once since, RL15 is listed as most accurate powder.
    Yea I have info from two diff art I also in 6mmBR.com but then like you said lots of other info some that disputes the articles
    I already loaded some test to those loads with the RL17. 52, 53, 53.5
    i might drop down to 51 to start if I can’t find some backup info to the stuff in 6mmBR
    yea RL15 and 19 have book info I ordered the hornady 10th edition but now I found out no RL17 for 284 in it
    even books I have hornady, Lyman, Sierra, Barnes, and a Speer, all of these are diff with max loads. my Speer being my newest and also coldest it max loads 3 to 5 grains below other books
    JBaker gave me loads from hornady 10th and it’s 3 grains less on max then the vol 2

I only wanted someone to run it on Quickloads because I assume you can change the OAL I have a program called load from a disc and I can change Oal but it is an older program and you can no longer get updates it does not have RL 17 in its database
    and again
    thank you I know when I finally test I will keep good records and post what I come up with
    Last edited by Bigbuckdn; 02-16-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Correction
    Old Smokey