Quote Originally Posted by jim_k View Post
If the Accutrigger is set too light, the trigger may decock when the bolt is closed. It does not slam-fire; it decocks. If that happens, increase the trigger pull weight until it does not happen. It's part of the safety features of the Accutrigger, which, IMO, is the safest trigger on the market. Do NOT remove or alter the blade in the middle of the trigger. That's what makes it safe. If that is removed or altered improperly, the Accutrigger becomes one of the least safe triggers. I have played with just about every trigger - OK, not the Gruenig & Elmiger, Tubb, Bix n Andy, or Huber - and I have no plans to replace my Accutrigger, even if there was a Jewell option (my favorite).

I agree. I think the issues you have been hearing about must be from people adjusting them too light for what they intend to use them for. They then either close the bolt too hard, or jarr the rifle tripping the sear, which then makes it to where you can not fire until you raise the bolt handle to recock then close it again.
Being adjusted very light is great for bench and target shooting, not so much for hunting where it may be handled a little rough.

I love my accutriggers. I agree with the above, it is a very safe trigger without being cumbersome or annoying to the user.