Well, first I was kidding about rechambering it into 308. It's a takedown 99G made in 1921 in real good shape, about 85% or better. Yeah, it's not like I'm going to be out doing competitive shooting with this thing, but it's really the only centerfire I have that I can put a scope on for my ancient eyes. I have a perfectly good M1A1, but it's got the peep sights and is heavy as the dickens with the Bishop stock and bedded/screwed to the action. I should get rid of that and get a modern 243 or similar for my deer/coyotes. I doubt I'll be doing competitive shooting any more. Also have 30 carbine but that's like shooting a 30 cal 22 and again hard to get a scope on. Then there's the 112J in 220 Swift but it's single shot and again heavy as the dickens.

I've read about making 300 sav from 308 cases but I wonder about how that would really work out. I've got 308 brass out the wazoo. Once I work up a good load for the thing, I doubt I'll be needing a lot of brass, I guess I should just spring for some new brass from Midway. A lot of the reasonable priced stuff is all mixed and I don't want that.