Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
Welcome to our forum, and know that we all appreciate your cash contribution to the site. This is what keeps the collective going so we can share our experiences with all who wish to learn more about accuracy and consistency in shooting sports.

Now, about that barrel. How's your copper cleaning regiment going? Is it possible your barrels lack of accuracy and consistency is due to copper build up? Seen it before.
Copper build up eh? Never heard of that before, so I'll look into it. Gun was cleaned regularly after shooting, but never had a specific copper cleaning regiment.

The issue I'm having is hard to explain. Almost seemed like it would site-in somewhat, but then the next session it would be way off, so I'd dial it in again and the next session it would be off in a different direction. Couldn't get it to shoot a tight group like it used to either. Started with my old scope, so I got a new one and it continued. Sent the brand new scope back to the manufacturer to get checked, and they said it was fine. Same scope went on another rifle and shoots great. Checked rings, bases and everything else to make sure nothing was loose, which led me to the barrel being the culprit.