I move around quite a lot in a day, usually in a large loop that covers a couple miles in total, not all the kindest terrain either, so even another 10# would be a burden for me. Also not a lot of l/r hunting here since all I have access to is .22 caliber rifles which I wouldn't use past 250 yards even with a perfect shot presentation. I plan to get a .308 eventually but until then I need to make due or go without. I could borrow a .30-06 for the occasional hunting trip but aside from not liking to borrow or lend firearms I haven't had nearly enough experience with a rifle of that caliber to feel comfortable hunting with it. In my opinion a person that can shoot 1 moa with a smaller caliber is far better off than 3-4 moa because you are inexperienced with heavier recoil so long as you realize your calibers limits. Thanks for writing in with your experience and if I ever get into doing lots of fixed shooting I will make something similar, however the only hunting I do where I set up for any amount of time is if I have a groundhog problem which is about once a year and on my own land and prone works fine. For occasional plinking/target in the fields I'd rather practice shooting positions that will help in less predictable environments than flat open areas or prone.