Quote Originally Posted by rmkey View Post
Thanks Randy! I will try a different primer where I am but I will be very surprised if a primer makes the difference but they say it can. Then I will do a seating test maybe between yours and Berger say in .020 increments beginning at .020 since I already have .010.
The primer can make a difference, especially when trying to get below 1/2MOA. Many things can affect groups when at that level. Even reloading setups, like the sizing die and its setting and case lengths, case neck thicknesses, etc, etc. Make sure everything is the same every time you do it. Even how you clean the bore and how many rounds you use for fouling shots.

I knew one benchrest shooter who would end up 'testing' each case. He would note where each shot went and would pick the cases that shot the smallest groups. Meticulous attention to detail. His goal was 0.2" 10 round groups. Truly a one hole target. He would use the same ten cases as long as he could.

He also ended up shooting cast bullets because it was more of a challenge to him. I learned about fire lapping from him as well. This was back in the 80's. We spent a lot of time making up specific lead alloys and heat treating techniques for him to try.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk