Well ok then... Looks like I'm going to be the first to jump in on the Nikon. I will report back my findings with it.

Kohler, I ran out to take a look at both the FX1000 and X1000 this weekend (I wanted to at least look through the glass and see the reticle on each in MOA) This is only the second time in my life I've bought a scope for myself or someone else, without looking through one first. I was very impressed with the glass they decided to put in them (For the price point) and once we can get it on a rifle and out to the field, will I be able to see how it compares to to the glass in my Sightron SIII. I have always thought that Nikon had pretty good glass even in their lower end BDC hunting scopes. I will say that I really didn't like the turret zero reset system that the X1000 employs. They are lift up resets and I know from experience they can get messed up really easy. The X1000 also has no zero stop on the elevation turret. The FX1000 turrets are redesigned and has a much better zero reset design and Zero Stop