Quote Originally Posted by hnts4fun View Post
I’d like to ask for help please regarding the pictured recoil lug. I purchased this as a “used aftermarket recoil lug” that I plan on using on a non-Accu Trigger receiver/non-Accu Stock. I’m in the parts gathering phase and have not received my action yet. In the past I have used NSS trued recoil lugs which have had locator pins installed. I’ve done a little bit of searching on this site and have seen that, “by trial and error”, recoil lugs without locator pins can work. First question, does this lug look like it would work on a non-Accu trigger receiver/non-Accu Stock? 2nd question does the hole appear to be in the right location; because if it does I could have a friend tap the hole and install an appropriate sized Allen head screw which could serve as a locator pin. Thanks in advance for your help.

UPDATE: I sent you a barrel nut and a "RECOIL LUG w/pin" today! I couldn't find any pins, they are a needle in a hay stack.

The Recoil Lug didn't pass my inspection. The surfaces are good. The outer finish of the recoil lug is the issue. If you wanted to polish the outside surface out, it would work great!

Otherwise, you could take a 1/16 old drill bit, or anything this size and punch the pin out. Do it inside of a 1 gallon baggie, or an area where it's impossible to loose the pin. Carefully install it in your Lug tapping very lightly using a light brass hammer. You could also use a small piece of wood to put on top of the pin to minimize damage. There's an art to installing them. There very easy to destroy while installing.

If I can help you further, just let me know,
Dennis