Thanks for the input guys. The stock is mostly for preference but if it shoots better with it that’s a plus. A question about stocks- has anyone converted a 12FV to detachable mag? If so how did you do it (stock/bottom metal/mag type).

Hoping to get some groups together Sunday. A high of 32 and cloudy isn’t ideal but we’ll see. My LGS has a good variety of ammo so I’ll grab a few different types and ditch the bipod and give a range report.

The stockys stocks coming with steel pillars is intriguing. They look promising for the price for sure. I’m actually not that worried about weight as I’m young and in Indiana the only hiking I do is a quarter mile or so from the truck to the tree stand. I’d rather have something that fits right, looks good and shoots better than being lightweight.

Anyone know if Magpul has any intentions of making a savage stock? A buddy has one on his R700 and it feels nice and is adjustable which is a plus for going from thick hunting clothes to summer clothes at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk