Lonewolf, you are very competitive. You run with an extremely competitive group. What percentage of those top shooters anneal?

Youbuck, If you are loosing primer pockets after three firings. That's why you don't need to anneal, You have a fresh supply of factory annealed ammo. The point I believe you have made is, for the the vast majority of shooters annealing is not necessary. I agree. There is a point and Lonewolf described the perfect scenario, where annealing will help with pressure related inconsistent accuracy. Im not sure if you are prepared to agree to that but your argument against is from a "I know a guy" position. There is no documented evidence either way. I don't know very many BR shooters but I know many of them have adopted habits started b the F-Class guys like weighing each charge to better than .02 gr and annealing where 5 or more years ago they were laughing at guys going to that trouble.

What I have found is there is there are two paths to go by, but in the long run it is like LoneWolf stated;
Just have to figure out what it's worth to you!