Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
The 6.5 creed and 7mm-08 are almost identical when it comes to down range energy. I currently shoot the 143 ELD-X out of my .260 Rem (6.5 Creed predecessor) and am very happy with it's accuracy. I haven't used it on any game yet however, as it is my back up rifle for deer and Elk. I know it's not the 120 grain bullet, but it seems that Hornady only makes a "hunting" bullet in that weight. Here is an actual real world review of that 143 ELD-X, hope it helps make your decision.... Also, since you're having a custom barrel made, why not have it threaded and put a muzzle brake on it for her.... Criterion barrels will do it all for you... Just sayin...

Edit: Hornady does make a 120 GMX (Solid copper) and a 120 SST... I believe both are considered "hunting" bullets??

http://panhandleprecision.com/hornad...rformance-test
I was looking at the 120 GMX, the 120 Barnes TTSX, and the Nosler 120 e-tip. All are solid copper so should hopefully give good penetration with decent expansion. That being said I have seen some ~130 grain bullets which also look nice.

The thing about the muzzle brake is I do not think it is the recoil itself giving her a little flinch but more just her memory of the incident along with the blast of the rifle. We also tend to not wear hearing protection since rifle season is during very cold times where we are wearing winter hats and face masks which make it very difficult to hear anyways. Yes these are not wonderful at hearing protection but they do help more than you would think and 1 to 2 shots a year should be ok in open woods. That being said, it would hurt to have it threaded because who knows, maybe we will switch to hearing protection and if she can use a brake...great!