Often times your choice of boots and socks can do more to make your feet cold than the weather itself. Three things lead to cold feet - moisture, insufficient or too much insulation, and too tight a fit restricting circulation.

Layering is the biggest thing, but don't make the mistake of going overboard.

Get yourself a good pair of moisture wicking liner socks. These are typically a synthetic fabric and are for getting the moisture away from your foot as quickly as possible. Dry feet are happy feet.

Next up you want a good lightweight wool sock - I prefer Merino wool as it's not itchy/scratchy like the wool we're typically used to. Just make sure whatever you get is 80%+ wool as a great deal of so-called wool socks these days only have 20-40%.

On top of that you'll probably want a good heavy wool sock for additional warmth. This is the "optional" layer for many, but in your case you will likely want it. This is the layer you will not want to put on until you get to your stand if you have a good bit of walking to do. Again check for actual wool content of the socks.

Next you'll want to make sure your boots aren't too tight with these three layers of socks on which can result in restricted circulation. Remember, it's the air trapped in insulation that gives it it's ability to insulate and you want some wiggle room inside your boot to hold some air. Do go overly crazy on the insulation either - too much and your feet will get hot and sweat to much resulting in trapped moisture that will cause your feet to get cold. For active use I like 400 grams of Thinsulate, and for sitting I like 800 to 1,200 grams depending on how cold we're talking and how long I'm going to be sitting. Again, the key is to not over due it as you have to find that happy medium.

Also, the biggest source of heat loss in your feet is through the soles so double or even triple up a good foam insole to provide some additional insulation. One cheap option is to make some insoles out of 1/4" cork material to put under your standard insole. I also recommend putting some kind of pad on the footrest of your treestand (a piece of 1/2" thick rubber horse mat from TSC works very well and is quiet) so your boots aren't on bare metal and exposed to the wind coming up through it.

Last but not least, keep your core plenty warm. If your core temperature drops your body will naturally reduce circulation to your extremities and redirect it to your organs in an attempt to raise it. Again, layering is the key and don't fully layer up until you're at your stand because you don't want to be all all hot/sweaty when you get there and sit down.