Thanks for the replies. I did soot up a piece of brass and it is obvious that it is hitting on the whole shoulder. I have only used the brass twice so i haven't annealed. After i sized a piece of brass i ran it back into the die and it went supper easy- so I wouldn't think bounce back is a issue.

As long as my gauge is good then headspace is right on- it closes easily on the go-gauge. (it's a PTG... if that makes any difference) I'm sure that i could back the barrel out a little bit- because it doesn't feel like the bolt is about to close on the no-go. That would probably be the easiest fix- but wouldn't that make sizing even more difficult? If i move the chamber away from the bolt (even just a few thousandths) then the brass will grow that much more- and I will be overworking it? I'm not very impressed with the Quality Cartridge brass-- I had one with a split sidewall after 2 firings.... but that could be partially caused by whatever issue i'm trying to figure out, but the Hornady brass looks good.

I was thinking about firing 3 rounds and then sending the brass and the die to Hornady to have them match them up. But if you all think that backing the barrel out to the longest "go" would help then I'll try that....

Is it possible that Hornady and ER Shaw used slightly different dimensions? I thought that since it is a SAMMI round that they would be the same?