Quote Originally Posted by MaD HuNGaRIaN View Post
Just make sure to turn the gas back down! If you jacked it up trying to fix the steel mags, you don't want to run it over gassed. I followed the video Savage posted on the product page....works like a champ.
+1

I've been playing with the adjustable gas system while doing my testing for the upcoming review of the MSR10 Hunter, and was quite surprised how much difference there was for gas with various types of factory ammunition. Most fell within 2-4 clicks of one another, but I did have a couple that needed a little more or less than that happy median zone offered. Having the gas system properly tuned for a given ammo also makes a slight but noticeable difference in felt recoil.

My process for adjustment was to do two clicks at a time. If it wasn't ejecting/locking back properly at start I would increase gase two clicks and try again - continuing until it functioned as it should. Then I would reduce gas by one click to see if it would still function. If it did I would leave it there, if not I would increase it by that one click and call it good. Same process if it the gun functions properly at start, just reduce two clicks at a time until it stops functioning then fine tune with final single click.