The wheeler action wrench will serve you well. Head spacing often takes a couple of trys to get it exactly the way you want it. Mine is mounted permanently on a wooden work bench. If you end up too tight or loose after final torque my method is to make index marks on the bottom of the barrel and nut with a sharpie. Loosen the nut, adjust the distance between the marks according to what you need re-torque, then re check headspace. Often the barrel twists with the nut (sometimes it doesn't). The "gap" between your index marks will give you an idea where you are. Remember never to torque the barrel with the bolt closed on the headspace gauge (to prevent chamber damage).

Boyd's stocks work best with pillars and bedding (as all wood stocks). Wood savage stocks have been known to crack near the rear action screw if over torqued (been there/done that). Personally I use "lamp" nipples for pillars in wood stocks. I actually thread the stock with a tap. I fit the pillars and then unscrew them and coat them with epoxy, screw them in to final fitment. Pillars are fully set before I start bedding.
There is a wealth of info on bedding on this and other sites. You will get the most out of your Boyd's if you get it bedded correctly.

When you finish you will have the "bug". Be prepared for a life long addiction!!
Good luck and keep us posted,
Randy