I'm a retired machinist. I worked in job shops mostly and on manual machines. Some shops had CNC machines and I always did the manual machine work. In that environment I learned that CNC machines don't make perfectly repeated parts, but then, neither did I. Some better shops had a digital comparator to check parts on but they didn't check all the parts. The operator is supposed to watch the tooling for wear and change it if it's worn, if not, the parts will be out of spec. Not all parts are the same and is why few gun manufacturers will sell parts to the public.

In the middle 1960's I did fast draw using Ruger Single Six pistols. Colt pistols wouldn't hold up to fanning them like the Ruger. I could buy any part I wanted except the frame from Ruger. These days I doubt any manufacturer would sell parts to the public and am surprised that Savage will sell parts to the public. Especially since they won't even sell me a barrel for my Savage 12-112 which is a simple screw in replacement using a headspace gauge, the barrel nut and wrench.

I guess if a part breaks on my Savage and a friend that is an FFL can't get it I will make it. Sorry about your luck if your not a machinist with a shop at home.