I bought a brand new redding type s bushing neck sizer. I measured my cases and ordered the appropriate neck bushing. I searched around online about the difference between the standard steel and the titanium nitride. I read multiple posts on a few different forums saying with the titanium nitride, you do not have to use lube, that was the point of the coating. Sweet I said to myself. So I order the titanium nitride bushing and also get the carbide expander ball. I have a good bit of money in this die now.
I get my first shell, a fire formed norma shell I just annealed. I run it through the die and thought it felt a little stiffer than normal. When I pull the case back out, the neck is now pressed into the case, completely ruining the case. It also scratched the bushing and it scratches any case neck you ran through it. So that bushing had to be tossed as well as the other 19 shells I had.
New bushing and I now lube them. Do not believe anyone who says you do not have to lube titanium nitride neck bushings.