Quote Originally Posted by A&8's View Post
At 47yrs old and started shooting LR at 22yrs old, I don't consider myself a 'fanboy' or 'jumping on the 'band wagon.'

I, for one, do mil targets for range. I guess I'm not "...Like everyone does anyway..." ((minus the all caps)), because I do not own a laser range finder.

I do hunt and knowing the 'exact' size of the critter, to the inch, is not required for accurate mil'ing....unless shooting at a ground hog at 1300 yards.

I guess for punching holes in paper at known yardages, SFP is fine. But, not for me.
A&8’s, you misinterpreted my post. I started by saying “I can appreciate those points”, meaning people who KNOW what they are doing. I do not include people like this as part of the general masses. FFP scopes have gained vast popularity today, and *most using them do not do, nor can do what you do! Those people are the huddled masses. I apologize you felt so threatened, but I thought it was obvious who the “masses” are.

Oh, and I’m 40..but age has absolutely nothing to do with expertise. And as I stated also, I don’t hunt ANYMORE. Which is to say I DID in my past. But even then, once again as I stated, I always used a range finder, and learned holdover with a duplex or thin crosshairs. And I didn’t sport hunt. Just hunted for game meat. Killing just to kill doesn’t add inches to your Johnson! (Not saying you do! Just saying!)

I agree with you! Paper punching at set distances isn’t very fun. Don’t like doing that either, save for working up a load. Now Ringing steel at 550, 710, 849 and 1000yards or more?? That starts getting fun again. But I can’t even get out for that these days. I’m disabled, and I no longer drive. So mostly, I enjoy building firearms, gunsmithing & reloading. Oh, and making custom knives. I really like that as well. But I’m looking into joining a bench rest club at the first 1000yd range in the US. Looks like something fun for an old cripple like me, LOL!

In any case, please accept my apologies for you being offended. Was not my intention.