Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Right between the 1 & 5 on 15x is where you want it for FFP sighting. I have never been one of the FFP fans, like so many. I really think it's just a "band wagon" thing for the masses. Honestly, who of us are using our reticles to gauge target distance?? It's actually no better than SFP since you need to know the EXACT height of the object used with the reticle, at that particular distance, to achieve precise distance. No thanks! I'll keep my several hundred dollars extra they want, and stick to SFP. I guess I'll just shoot known distances or use my laser range finder, LIKE EVERYONE DOES ANYWAY! LOL!
At 47yrs old and started shooting LR at 22yrs old, I don't consider myself a 'fanboy' or 'jumping on the 'band wagon.'

I, for one, do mil targets for range. I guess I'm not "...Like everyone does anyway..." ((minus the all caps)), because I do not own a laser range finder.

I do hunt and knowing the 'exact' size of the critter, to the inch, is not required for accurate mil'ing....unless shooting at a ground hog at 1300 yards.

I guess for punching holes in paper at known yardages, SFP is fine. But, not for me.