Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
Nice job all way around. Especially with the recovery. So now your an official member of the zipper club, but no hat. lol
Whats the elevation of the range? And how does the air quality as for seeing hits compare to where you live?

New techniques don't leave the traditional zipper scar. Just one clean line down the middle which has healed well. Only thing you can see is a thin white line. They split the sternum with a saw and then put it back together with wire that is all hidden beneath the surface and the skin sewn up with "hidden" sutures. Even the incisions on my arms where they harvested an artery from each have healed to the point where I have to look hard to find them.

As for the range elevation, my phone altimeter at the HP Rifle Silhouette range read just over 6800 ft. Range is 6300 to over 7,000 depending on which part you are shooting on. There are over a dozen different ranges on over 10,000 acres, the entire "Center" covering over 30,000 acres.

Air quality was superb. Both scopes I had with me were NightForce, one a 12-42X56 NXS and the other a 5-25X56 BEAST. The NXS was nice and clear but the BEAST was fantastic. Compared to where I live? No comparison. Most days at my home range the air gives the impression one is looking through a glass of water with a few drops of milk added to cloud it up a little.

The experience is hard to describe. Between the general scenery, air, and quality of range, shooting there was a great experience. A great place to test both your own skills but to also explore the capabilities of your rifle.

Back to the bypass, no I don't have a hat, but I do have a t-shirt. One that shows the heart with pipes and valves attached as if someone re-plumbed it with parts from Home Depot.