Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Because the factory lug is not perfectly flat (true), even after bedding it, the rearward thrust under recoil will not be straight backwards. There will be some amount of push left or right. Picture two wedges pressed against each other, though their surfaces may be flat against each other, pressure on one can cause them to slide. If both surfaces are flat and square to each other, they will not slide. Who knows how much it really effects practical accuracy? Depends, I guess on how bad they are to begin with.
Usually the issue isn't so much accuracy. Accuracy can be achieved as long as it recoils consistently. You are more likely to have a funny zeroing experience like 3 Mils left or right from the mechanical center of your scope etc. If it's so bad that the barreled action is actually realigned every shot then you will likely not be able to print any groups. Similar to an off the rack M4/M16 from our armories. They are typically 2-4 MOA at best. This is due to the movement between the upper and lower receiver not being consistent shot to shot. Now if you have a matched receiver set or the Armorer took the time to add inserts and whatever other tricks they use to make the upper and lower match more consistently you can achieve that 1 MOA or better weapon.

So if the action face, recoil lug, and barrel nut are out of alignment you may or may not see accuracy issues that will actually affect performance. So basically unless it's really out of alignment the most issue you'll see is at zeroing. Where some have ran out of windage adjustment to actually get zero'd up. This can be further compounded if you have an additional issue like scope bases being out of alignment or the actual screw holes themselves.

As long as you don't have those issues and you have consistency you can be accurate. I'll go back to the off the rack M16A2 I was handed for annual qual one year when we were still using iron sights. My zero was 27 Clicks left windage. My rear sight was dang near flush to the left, but I had a zero. I shot a 238/250 with that rifle on qual day.

So like I said in the beginning, I don't believe it's worth the money unless you're getting a barrel shouldered up and you intend to compete or require the highest level of performance from your firearm.