Quote Originally Posted by chindits View Post
Okay, so I took the bolt apart with nothing really noted. Took the opportunity to do some cleaning with a q-tip and steel wool buffing. I put it back together again and I have the same issue. I have the issue with the gun not mounted in the stock, so it isn't the action screws. I removed the scope and front scope ring when I double checked my headspaced so it isn't scope ring mounting screws. I did feel an almost burr like feeling where the hole for the front action screw goes up into the receiver. I'm not sure though because I kind of have my finger crinked in there at an angle. So tomorrow I'll take my barrel off and see if it is really an issue, but I did sharpie up the bottom of my bolt head and I don't see any scratches. When I have my barrel off, I'll throw on my heavy Pacnor and see if it still is an issue.

When I have a case not chambering the bolt will stop at just a few degrees of turn. This is with a lot of forward pressure on the bolt handle too. I've even slammed the bolt forward repeatedly a few times and that doesn't alleviate it. When I finally force the bolt handle down, then I can repeatedly raise and lower the bolt handle with no issue. I can take that round out and rotate it and sometimes I will have the issue and sometimes it will be just a little difficult.

I know eventually someone is going to ask, the match ammo that is chambering with no issue is mid 2000 era Winchester Supreme 168 hollow point boat tail. Not the first bullet I would tell my wife to shoot an elk with.

I don't have a way of measuring the difference in ogive between the bullets, but I would think the sharpie test would of shown if I was meeting lands. I also sharpied the case shoulder with nothing observed.

That's all for now.
I have had that problem recently with my reloads and I had not problem closing bolt on empty case. I turns out that the rim before neck was flared out. W/O bullet and powder I guess the case could flex enough to shut but loaded it could not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk