I'm not saying you can't do it by any means. But seems like a lot of time and money for extremely minor to no improvement. The 308 already works great with heavy 30cal Projs. FTR guys have been doing it for years with plenty of accuracy. What I don't get with this idea is the actual end state goal other than a different shaped case? Are you going to extend barrel life? No. Are you going to increase velocity? No. Are you going to increase accuracy? Not Likely or not enough to be worth the money and effort. Are you going to make a different shaped case? Yep.......

So where's the juice in this venture? It's your project, your money, your time, etc. I just want to know what is point? Competition that restricts you to 30cal only? Short range, long range, just hunting? A good 308 or 30-06 will do it just as well, but you'd be able to grab a box off the shelf in the case you couldn't find the components for the fancy wild cat cartridge you came up with etc. Just a lot of work in my opinion and not a lot of benefits if any.

Maybe make it an improved 7 that beats the 7-08 in velocity?