Quote Originally Posted by Evlshnngns View Post
I wouldn't blame the stock for those groups. But if you want a stock, get one.
Exactly. If your not using the right bullet a stock wont fix it. Plus i am getting sub MOA with a load i worked up with the factory stock. I relieved the channel a smidge and torqued the stock down. Didnt even bed the recoil lug.

So far i my smallest group is .360" with this load and largest is . 720 with a 5.80" group as a follow up.

My worst groups were in 6 loads i worked up in my 12FV in .308 using IMR 4064, CCI LRP and LC 08 brass annealed with a Hornady match bthp was 1.15". 2 of the groups were that large. The rest were all sub MOA. Groups were as follows 1.15", 1.15", 9.2", 8.6", 7.8" and the load i chose was .360".

The two following proof loads were as mentioned before.

Now im no expert shooter but the gun is with the right load it makes me look like a shooter.

Simple bags front and rear and let the free recoil do what it did. Very little touching of the gun.

My advice is stock or no stock you need to work up an accurate load or buy premium match ammo if you want tight groups.

That and trigger time if you havent had enough. Once you have an accurate gun and shooter behind it the rest is in the load.