I got a savage axis 6.5 creed-more i changed barrel to a savage model 111 light weight hunter 6.5 x 284 win barrel was used it shoots good now after this mess! i did a savage 110 7mm rem mag i had used setup for target long-range i got a savage kit in mag heavy barrel SS kit so i had tool and wooden blocks to remove action (I though)??? after 60 dollar+ 15 shipping barrel vice 2 go gage's at 115 dollars sent to me cases, dies and 6.5 bullets in 129 g and 120g 140 cost barrel was 135 + 15 shipping! in march 2018 i had all this money spent and had a receiver apart and threads were messed up no barrel screw in at all! ( i found a Gunsmith about 100 miles away he called from Wells custom Guns Dave well's said stop bring the receiver and barrels here I fix it with a lath for 20 dollars the lock tight the black goo or the scope holes lock tight screwed the end threads up) it to-gather it works but I had Mr wells install the model 111 barrel, I spent all this money I at least am going to see if I liked it!! oh by the way i had a ice storm a few days later no power & my main heater quit!! if your going to change a barrel do it in summer & got spare time and a bundle of money to spend! unless its the same cartage! the 7mm mag swamp was easier and less costly!!