Great feedback. I will say 90 percent of my shooting will be 200-400 yards. Will I go further. Sure as I get more precise. Not many places to go that far though. So for next year probably just plinking for fun way out there. I want to get serious at the range fro. 200 and 400.

So probably not worth the worry now as you pointed out.

Is the 110 tactical going to be a good choice for me as a target shooter or should I be considering a different model? Seems to be a great ppackage to start with. Keeping in mind I am a pistol shooter with some ar15 50-100 yard range time.

20 or 24" barrel? From what I read not a lot of differences but maybe a 308 24" gives me the right capabilities for now to go a little further?

I wanted to keep my initial rifle cost low enough to afford decent glass and stay at 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by tobnpr View Post
Inside 400 yards there's no significant advantage of the 6.5 Creed over the .308 for most applications/shooters-especially if you don't handload.
Much more ammo selection in .308, over a wider price range.
I realize the 6.5 Creed gets a lot of press- and no doubt its a great round for a lot of reasons- but at closer ranges like this, there's little significant variation in drop and drift between it and numerous other chamberings.

If you intend to go to 600 and further, different ballgame. But again, keep in mind your ammo costs. The .308 is a capable, affordable round which allows those that shoot factory ammo to send a lot more lead downrange for their buck- and that's critical for developing the skills needed to shoo at longer ranges.