Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I always thought the H59 was cluttered as well until I started shooting with it. It's so much easier to shoot in the wind because you know exactly what you held and if your first shot was off as long as you can spot it you know exactly how much you need to add. I've center punched many 1/2 and 1 MOA targets beyond 600yds on second shot follow-ups due to the .2mil hashes on the H59. I will always use a reticle like the H59 or similar after my experiences.
LW, I figured you drop in on this one... Maybe one day I'll have a need for as much information as you, but you and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as what we are doing with our rifles. I'm just a country boy with a decent precision rifle, and too much time on his hands... You however, are a running, gunning, PRS comp guy... I can understand the need for something like a Horus reticle for your use. Maybe I'll get the bug as many others have. But yesterday was the first time I took mine out past 200 yards. Had a gong someone had setup at 403 Yards, so I decided for S & G's to take a shot at it after zeroing at 100 Yards. Lased it, dialed for wind and elevation and drilled it on the second shot. Had a total of 5 hits out of 9 rounds. I know that's not very far, but for the first time trying I was pleased and it instilled hope that my goal of 1K may be achievable.