Quote Originally Posted by Trenton91 View Post
I have a bad taste in my mouth with Benelli. Almost as bad as with Beretta...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I realize that this post is over 7 months old, but after the Beretta comment, I cannot help myself.

What happened with Beretta?

My experience has been exemplary - my first 390 lasted right at 80,000 rounds of 32gram (1-1/8oz) loads at 1250-1300fps, and the current 390 gold I'm running is at the 40,000 round mark using mostly 1oz @ 1300-1350 fps so I expect that it will last well into the 6 figure range. Shooting this high volume of ammo comes from competitive sporting clays shooting for the past 22 years. Dad ran a beretta DT10 for the better part of 8 years and it ran flawlessly AND Beretta maintained it for him for free (they still do this for the dt10 and dt11.) My experience is not the exception - ask any sporting clays competitor about the 303, 390, 391, and they will all tell you the weapons are tanks. And like many sporting competitors, I hunt with my clays gun. From 2oz of buffered 6s for turkeys to 1-5/8oz hevishot 2s at 1350fps, to 1oz at 1300 for competition, to the accidentally purchased featherweight loads, the gun digested them without issue.

Much much much more reliable than Remington's offerings of the 1100 and 11-87 (we shot both heavily in the chevy truck sportsmans team challenge in the early 90s) which are lucky to get to the 1000 round mark before needing their gas rings replaced...however there is no weapon out there that can keep up with a tricked out 1187 loading only 2 rounds from a loading block. Also of note is that the 1100 and 11-87 have the lightest recoil impulse of any shotgun Ive ever shot and fit most people straight out of the box.

Lastly, definitely pattern you loads in your gun with your various chokes to see how they perform. What you see may surprise you. :)