Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
I have one of their Wilson chromoly barrels in 257 Roberts that I purchased a couple of years ago. I'll provide you my experience with these guys. I purchased the barrel via ebay. Communication was very good and we texted back and forth frequently through out the process. It only took a few weeks to deliver. When I installed the barrel I noticed it was a very loose fit and without the nut tightened I could wobble the barrel excessively in the action. I notified Ragged Hole and they told me to return it. At this point in time they had not done a lot of Savage pre-fits and told me the thread tolerances were off. They corrected it and sent the barrel to me within a couple of weeks. This time the barrel appeared to fit well and I had no trouble installing it. I have since tried various powder/bullet combinations in that barrel but have not been unable to consistently get groups in the .5 to to .75 inch range which I have come to expect from my other Savage rifles. I am able to get the occasional 3 shot .5" group but generally groups in the 1" to 1.25" range. The barrel does have a tendency to foul more than my Criterian barrels but somewhat less than a Savage factory barrel.

Hope this helps
Thanks. That’s what I’m looking for. Real life experience.