Quote Originally Posted by lal357
i bought a 3x a few months ago to use until i can get a new scope worked ok the main problem i had was that the crosshairs enlarged to the point they covered the 1" dot @ 100 yards .not the adapters fault it was the scopes thick crosshair (was on a vector 10x mil dot ) just for the heck of it i put it on my vortex 8x32 power crossfire scope (the replacement ) worked great since the hair are on the 2nd ffp for now i just swap it from scope to scope (back on original scope that i put on my ar-15 ) . would i get another one yes works good as long as your not trying to shoot bug holes @ 100yrds with a thick crosshaired scope .
So tell us a little more as to what you found when using the 3X on the 8X32 Vortex. The 3x supposedly increases the image between 30% to 50%. Does your Vortex have the fine cross hair reticule? What type of magnifications where you getting and at what power setting? Tell us about it please.
The reason I'm asking is that I am considering purchasing one in 3.5X. With the Monarch UCC 6.5 X 19.5 when set at max with fine cross hair & 1/8" target dot I can move the dot all around inside a 2" red dot at 100 but I want to be able to go back to 1" because I like to be under moa and 1" @ 100 works out nice. I suppose it doesn't matter what size the target is if your shooting for group size as long as you can see it easily and clearly.

Pete K.