Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
No doubt, I could not address every issue and since Spring had I just applied the "I'm in his camp" comment to cover that part. . As far as the action strength goes, I feel the same but have never seen any documentation or "expert" written articles with physics implemented to prove the case. Thanks for the information though.
No worries, Not sure what quantifies an expert in that regard, I could provide you with calculations showing that the receiver would be stronger and more rigid using physics. I can probably find you some reference material on the interwebs but again not sure who or what constitutes an expert? And the funny thing is it still in large doesn't matter! along with the more rigid action you need a more rigid stock to take full advantage of the design feature. And then bbl quality... It's splitting hairs really because statistically you could shoot both platforms(open and closed top) in the exact same conditions and the results would be very marginal. Although marginal differences can be the difference between winning a match and losing. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Unless a group that is σ 0.01* to 0.05* better means that much.