Thought I might add a slight informational here.

Seems to be a lot of interest still in the 6.5 WSM. To be truthful I have had a lot of interest but never took the plunge because I did not like spending the money for a barrel with a short life. Then I ran across the pheratic Nitite treatment and bells went off. I tried, another tried and yet another tried and shazam. No loss of accuracy and I gained 100fps from my 19" handgun barrel. Others have gained 2-300fps velocity from there longer barrels. One guy why was eating bullets (not Me) from the barrel being 36" long fast twist 7 (.284) at a velocity no one will believe so I won't post it. He did stop destroying bullets though.

If you open up your Barnes reloading books and turn to the 270 WSM. Check out the velocities and barrel length. Don't tell my cardiologist that I can get those velocities with my 19" Benchmark barrel! and a really hard self lubricating finish.

Just for a real heart thumping good time, load some 85 gr Sierra varmint bullets! I wish I had varmints here. I will betcha a rockchuck or coyote and even those nasty bull prairy dogs that Hammer gets into would really make one smike when hit by an 85 or 100 grain bullet at starting at 3500fps.

Neal