Ammo - Remmy 30-06 200 grain.

I pulled the bolt out. Disassembled - and took top retaining washer and spring retainer off, leaving the bottom retainer in place. I dropped the firing pin back into the bolt - by hook and by crook with a micrometer, I measured the firing pin protrusion - the result is that I have .062" protrusion. I was reading a link and that is what the spec mentioned on the nose, .062". So, it seems the protrusion is correct.

How can I confirm the spring is good or bad ? I'm thinking to switch the Spring as I've read that the heavier duty one help this gun to not misfire. Any opinion on this ? And which is the best one; OEM, Wolfe - does it come in different tensions ?

Lastly, I read the below a few times and am not sure how to adjust the end retaining spring washer nut ?

" The last adjustment to make is the firing pin spring retaining nut has to be adjusted to provide at least .02 clearance between the cocking pin and bolt body when the firing pin is all the way down. Rather than measure exactly, I just made sure that there was some 'wiggle' room when the pin was all the way down. After you get the clearance you want, line up the teeth on the D washer with the teeth on the cocking pin sleeve with the sleeve slot line up properly with the cocking pin. Line this up by unscrewing the nut so that you don't eliminate your pin/bolt body clearance "