Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
When you say prone shooting are just shooting prone at the range for your enjoyment? F-Class? Tactical/Practical matches? or long range Belly matches steel or varmint etc?

I would recommend the AccuTac bipods as they tend to be a bit taller. I'm also a huge fan of the Tiptop Rifle Bipods at they come in 7-10.5" or a 9-13". If you have to go to a taller bipod then pick one with a wider footprint to maintain stability. The Atlas 5H although expensive has a very wide footprint which helps. Also having a larger rear bag helps to level out the rifle. I like a squeeze bag large enough to minimize the amount of effort need to get on target.

Let me also ask what format is your rifle set up in? Stock, Chassis, etc? I find Chassis systems with a very short bag rider to be prohibitive to my consistency. I really like the McMillan A5 style footprint. I'm 6'5'' and run a 15" Length of Pull so the long portion on the bottom of the stock provide and solid surface to ride the rear bag.

As far as getting comfortable with prone or any position for that matter there is one way that works every time. Practice getting into the position and spend time in it! Your body will become more flexible and relax into the position the more time you spend in it!
thanks for the interesting read..i got a tip top bipod..bell Carlson stock...223 cal..been working with it in the living room...I think I am getting it pretty well..plan to go to
the range to try it....