So, if you're not into doing some work to get a nice finished/fitted product, go with a ready made and fitted stock and you'll be in the same bunch as a lot of folks. LOTS of stock makers out there but...
I am a BIG fan of Richard's Micro-Fit stock, mostly because of the price and the selection of styles available. (got one on the way that should be here in a few days) I've lost count but I think this will make # 10 or 12 so far. I've had one that looked like it was shaped with an axe and others that were just about ready to sand and spray. You'll never know till it's on your door step.
Richard's Micro-Fit stock are known as "Gunsmith Stocks". Bought,fitted,finished by a gun maker and the guy that gets his gun back is happy as a kid in a candy store. All he had to do was fork over the $$.
Anything you do to the stock when it shows up makes it YOU'RS!! Too fat in places? Take it down. Sure beats waiting up to a year and costing BIG $$$ to get a custom made stock that I would be afraid to take out of the house and get it banged up!!
Take it for what it's worth but I "AM" a BIG fan. Good luck on your decision.