Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim
You're going to have to get the copper out of the bore first, before you try the Tubb's system. If not, you won't do any good with the Tubb's bullets at all. That Tubb's bullet needs to ride down a clean, bare steel barrel to do it's polishing. As it sits now, it's just going to ride down a layer of copper.

If 3 foam sessions didn't get all the copper out, that barrel is really bad

I have also used a chamber plug, stood the rifle up vertically, and literally filled the barrel full of Butch's and left it that way for an hour. You may try that too.
Slowpoke,I'm well aware that I will have to get the barrel clean before I use the Final Finish bullets.I've only been shooting guns for close to 40yrs,so I don't think I'm a novice at this game.
It just blows my mind that a gun like this copper fouls so bad.I have close to 100 firearms,and have never had a rifle do this so severe. The sad thing is that I had the Savage Custom Shop put this rifle together,since they discontinued the 110FLP in 25/06 a couple years ago.
I just can't believe that barrels like this are passed by any kind of inspection from Savage.

Kawabuggy,Thanks for the link for the homemade electric cleaning rod.I'll have to put one together and try it out.