Quote Originally Posted by UglyBagofWater View Post
I was told by Cabela's CS that the UPC code on the 12FV is indeed on the list of items that qualify for the $100 MIR. They were not sure if you could use more than one rebate per household.

Would this rifle, at it's sale price, make for a decent entry/intermediate PRS rifle? I would work on the trigger and replace the stock (add DBM). Eventually replace the barrel. Looking for a slow and cheap entry into PRS before I go full hog wild.
If you want a Savage, I would check Sportsmans Warehouse. They had the BA Stealths for around $900 plus a $150 rebate. Not sure when that sale ended. Personally, I think you'll be frustrated with a Savage for PRS style comps. I did lots of research on the same subject and decided it was better to stash away for an MPA 6 or 6.5 CM and just start right. There's a big difference in a purpose built action than a Savage for that application.

Seems like lots of people have issues with Savages running in tough, PRS type conditions. For a bench or target style rig, I think you'd be fine. I picked up a .308 to drop into a heave stock to try my hand at F/TR.