Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuckdn View Post
Just wondering what everyone thinks about both barrels
I have 3 shaw barrels and very happy 1 is 1/2 MOA and the other two are3/4 MOA
but I hear a lot about the Pac-nor barrels
Apples to Apples the Pac-Nor is 130.00 more
just wondering getting ready to do a new build
I suppose it depends on what you are expecting, and what they claim to afford for the price.

I approach it like this. When I was much younger and much poorer, Shaw was affordable compared to the others. In those days, the 3 different barrels I had were accurate. I know that bragging about groups at 100 yards seems to be the benchmark. Fine enough, but I don't shoot at 100 yards I shoot much farther. Fast forward to current times. When I've shoot side X side with a Hart, Shilen, Lothar-Walther, the Shaw is not what holds me back for my goals. I have a post or two of scope reviews where you can see I was shooting bullseye targets and a drum lid, just short of a mile. My current barrel on what you would call my "bench gun" is a Shaw that was on a super-sale from the shack. Had a slight tight spot near the muzzle when I got it. That barrel will out shoot me. I also don't clean any barrel because I looked at it, I clean when groups begin to open up, and not before.

So for me, when the barrel choice isn't what is "holding me back"; I fail to see a reason to spend an extra $130 hoping to fit into a certain crowd that will give me praise for my "correct choice".
If someone else wants to do it for some reason, or no particular reason; I'm completely fine with that choice, it just isn't mine.

Cheers