Some other thoughts and pics from the bedding job.

Next time I'll use a guide for dremeling the sides, which are visible after bedding.

,A 2-flute milling bit does a nice job cutting the notch in the rear pillar, but as someone mentioned in a PM, it might be better to bed the pillar first and notch afterward ensuring that the pillar stays straight during the bedding job.

After dremeling the tang area of the stock it looked really ugly (maybe there's a better tool for this job) so I planned to fill the tooling marks with Devcon but maintain a float using two layers of tape on the tang. I still had to knock a few spots back down afterward, but the finished product looks much better.

After I dremeled the trigger guard area of the Boyds stock to fit the 12FV metal, a 1 1/8 long (.50 OD, .257 ID; aluminumspacers.com) aluminum pillar fit the rear action screw. For the front action screw, I used a 1 1/4 pillar, which came nearly to the outside surface of the stock. I used a 3/8" 2-flute milling bit to countersink the head enough to get 3 full turns into the action. Afterward, I wished I had put more Devcon in the pillar holes as it didn't quite come all the way out the other side when I pressed the action in place.