Quote Originally Posted by sgt_jamez View Post
Ok, I'll check the contact patch today as advised. As for grinding out the Marine Tex, what's the recommended method? Dremel and diamond bits?

I have read that post on bedding from 6mmbr.com a number of times before taking the dive. I chose Marine Tex specifically because I read many positive comments about its stability and although I can't remember the source it was supposed to have been tested to have less shrinkage than Devcon. Opinions are everywhere so I chose a compound and rolled the dice. Looks like I crapped out.
The marine-tex "gray" is almost like Devcon 10110 but I prefer the Devcon.

As for grinding out the old bedding, a dremel tool with a coarse sanding drum is good. For the recoil lug area I just use a wood chisel and carefully "peel" the bedding from the front of the bedding block. Narrow wood carving chisels for the side and bottom.

You don't need to "Hog out" a lot to re-bed, just enough so that you get about 1/8" of new bedding compound over the old. I emphasize "coarse" on the sanding drum as you want some "tooth" for the new bedding to grab hold of the old.

Before going all the way, since you said this problem occurred all at once carefully examine the stock for any visible flaws that might have allowed it to separate from bedding block.