Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
Actually M12lrs it would be very competitive. A lot of local clubs that run IBS short range matches do a " custom" class for guys like you and me whose guns are very accurate, shoot tiny holes in groups. and are willing to put in the time and effort to make our Savage actions shoot.
I personally have two that are as expensive as "custom made", one a target action and when I got done with it including the Weaver optics broke the $3500 mark. Another I am still working with is approaching $3,000 so I could have just as easily bought one good custom made BR gun and been done. BUT WHERE WOULD THE FUN OF IT GONE. I do this for something to do. I don't drink am to old to chase women( wife wouldn't approve) so what else is there to go after all the work around the house is done.
If you don't think the Savage action can be competitive as Sharp Shooter you may be surprised at his answer or better yet ask him to repost his winning groups.

PS on a side note push your seating depth in another 0.005 or maybe just a little less should pull in the outside edges.
Well in my head i only include cost of action, barrel and stock. Don't count all the extras i have done to the action and stock.

I have a vortex golden eagle on this one. Started out with a nightforce 12X42 BR. It is in the cabinet now. Kind of torn between them.