Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
One huge advantage kids and new shooters have over us "seasoned" shooters is that they don't overthink the shot. While we're sitting there contemplating the wind, elevation, angle, etc. they're simply aiming and squeezing off the shot with no distractions. Often times we shooters are our own Achilles Heal.
I think you might have touched on something, but I wouldn't agree totally with the kids vs (seasoned) part. lol
Fact is it aint as hard as some try to make it out to be, and if it was, most of us including the kids couldn't do it.
Realize that no 1000 yd group record holder has ever matched his own record or set a new one.
I was present when a record holder with a then 10 shot world record of about 3 3/4" in laymans terms, shot one over 48" in a subsequent match.
I know another former record holder who would have won his relay, had all 10 been on the paper.
So much for wind reading, and any other special skills one might think a world record holder might have.
Being lucky enough to draw an early relay before the wind picks up, trumps being an expert, even for the experts.
Or being very good at having 10 in the air at the same time. lol