Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
A few things. You could turn the turret max both directions a couple of times to see if it is something mechanical that shifted. Roll the scope is some loose rings to find optical center and check center on adjustments to see if it resembles "close". V blocks would work as well. I would not think it was bent but I have checked RO on the body/tube for a few guys who dropped their glass before.
I used to service a piece of electro-optical equipment that got dropped all the time. It had pivots similar to those that hold the erector assembly inside a rifle scope and the tips would bend. The moving part had a fairly large mass compared to the strength of the pivots so when the operators dropped the piece of equipment (I bought a house and car from the money I made on the repairs so I kind of thanked these guys for their "butterfingers") the pivots yielded but the good news (which I didn't share with them) is that if you can get back in range "by hook or by crook" they usually don't change until dropped again. Attempting to "fix" by dropping or more scientifically giving it a smack against a sandbag will usually just break the pivot points. Since you've found a good work around I'd just leave it.