Guys,

Thanks for the reply and the youtube link.

The stealth rifle I envision will weigh about 11.4 pounds, so I don't see much standing/offhand shooting with it. If I had to quantify the amount of shooting in the various positions it might breakdown like this; 70% prone/bipod supported, 15% off the bench/supported and the remaining 15% sitting position.

As with all things in life there is the cost/benefit analysis to consider. Current prices on R/h stealth are in the +/- $800 range from a number of suppliers (IMHO is a bargain for what you
get). The L/H version is unavailable from the same 4 dealers. My local dealer has located 5 at his wholesaler. He quoted me a retail price of $1049 plus local sales tax. When the math is finished that translates to a premium of a whopping $280 for the lefty gun!!

For the short term I think I will cool my jets. This weekend I will try to borrow a R/h bolt gun from one of the brother-in-laws and try out the various positions, working the bolt with my off hand and also see about the follow up shot scenario in each position.

Thanks for the input,

205AVN