What about shooting score (i.e. 'Hunter' or VFS) BR?

One local club has a fairly active (not 'large' but active) group of Hunter BR types... right now they are busy doing some last minute improvements to the range as they are hosting the NBRSA Hunter BR Nationals here in a couple weeks.

I know a number of them from the local gun shop, and I have memberships at both 'rifle' clubs in the valley - this one is actually closer to my house. Years ago I flipped a coin and went with HP instead of BR, and that lead me into F-Class... but these guys have been bugging me for the last couple years to try Hunter BR. Every time a used gun is up for sale, I'm awful dang tempted.

Part of me really wants to have a Stolle actioned rifle, just to say I have it but the rest of me wants to see if I can make a go of it with a Savage Target Action. My biggest concern is actually making weight with that big solid steel action, as opposed to the light-weight aluminum of the Stolle. Normally I'd just say the heck with it and go for the 13.5# HV class, but it seems like the BR boys tend to skew a lot of the events/awards towards the 10.5# LV class? How much hacking and swiss-cheezing would be involved in taking a Target Action (like a LRPV repeater), barreling it up in .30x47L and then getting it to make weight for LV? Would a standard SSS BR stock work, or would something else be in order?