Well not to be critical of any particular scope, but things aren't always happening when the dial is being turned.
Back in the early 80s when Leupold made target knobs available on scopes like their 6.5x20, we found we weren't hitting things we were shooting at even though we had dialed the proper amount of clicks.
With my 7x300 Wby, I couldn't even make 1100 yds, and 7 Rem mags were lucky to reach 1000.
We found by looking into the scope while turning the dial that we were turning but nothing was moving.
So we started at the zero setting and counted what we had with the reticle moving.
Of coarse things like tapered bases weren't available then unless you had one made up.
We solved it by adding shims under the rear base to get the amount of elevation we needed.
More recently my youngest son had a 338x378 made up with a 20 minit tapered base.
He put a Vortex viper 6 x something scope on it and zeroed it at 100 yds.
As I recall about 1000 yds was about all we could get out of the thing.
We installed a 40 minit taper and it still zeroed at 100, but we needed the reticle to make 1500.
The gun now wears a Nightforce 5.5x22, but unfortunately due to a serious accident he hasent been able to shoot it since.